Senior Expert - Emissions Trading Systems
- The specific objective of the assignment is to assess the achievements and challenges encountered in the implementation of the ETS Project in its way to achieve the intended results, in particular with regard to facilitate an effective exchange of EU experiences, best cases and approaches concerning emissions trading systems and mechanisms, including institutional strengthening and policy dialogue. The evaluation will assess the Project using the five standard DAC evaluation criteria, namely: relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and impact. In addition, the evaluation will assess two EU specific evaluation criteria:
- the EU added value (the extent to which the Action adds benefits to what would have resulted from Member States' interventions only);
- the coherence of the Action itself, with the EU strategy in China and in the emissions trading systems sector and with other EU policies and Member State Actions and other relevant donors;
The evaluation team shall furthermore consider whether good governance was taken into account as a cross-cutting issue in the identification/formulation documents and the extent to which it has been reflected in the implementation of the Action and its monitoring.
The specific Evaluation Questions as formulated below are indicative. Based on them and following initial consultations and documental analysis, the evaluation team will propose in their Inception Note a complete and finalised set of Evaluation Questions with indication of specific Judgement Criteria and Indicators, as well as the relevant data collection sources and tools.
- - At least a Master Degree at Academic level with qualification relevant to the assignment
- - Proven professional experience of at least 12 years of professional experience
- Proven professional experience in the specific sector (carbon markets and emissions trading systems, MRVA, registry, allocation, cap setting and market oversight) proven by at least 5 experiences in the course of the last 10 years
- Experience in project management and project evaluation
- Working experience in or with China (short or long-term missions)
- Pays de résidence
- Postuler avant
- Domaine d'expertise
- 16 working days