The gender analysis will provide an understanding whether gender inequalities persist in the infrastructure sectors (water, transport and energy) in Malawi and its causes, how it intersects with other inequalities (social and economic), how it impacts on human rights enjoyment and/or benefits produced, including access to development efforts. It must also examine the partner government's commitment and capacity to work on GEWE issues. The analysis should consider how to apply a rights-based approach (RBA) to infrastructure development projects.
A University Degree in Sociology, Development Studies, gender studies or any related social discipline
- A minimum of 6 years post-degree relevant professional experience in the social sector
- Demonstrated experience in gender, development, social work, or any related discipline
- Knowledge of any of the following sectors: water, transport and energy projects would be an advantage
- Experience in data analysis is a plus
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office