Croatia H&S Officer m/f
- Health and Safety Officer - 6 months of duration
Wastewater treatment plant in Croatia
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field. Relevant certifications and training are advantageous
Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Croatian is highly recommended.
- We are seeking a highly motivated H&S Officer
- Develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures specific to the wastewater treatment plant, in compliance with relevant local and international regulatory requirements and standards
- Manage the work permit system and participate to its implementation including the assessment of risks and definition of preventive and protective measures Conduct regular inspections and risk assessments to identify potential hazards and develop appropriate control measures
- Create and deliver effective health and safety training programs for employees, ensuring awareness and compliance with established protocols." Investigate accidents, incidents, near misses, and safety-related concerns, and provide recommendations for corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Maintain accurate records of incidents, accidents, safety training, inspections, and any other relevant health and safety documentation
- Develop and revise emergency response plans, including evacuation procedures and first aid protocols
- Conduct regular safety meetings and communicate safety-related information to employees and contractors
- Promote a strong safety culture through effective communication, training, and the implementation of safety initiatives
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience working as a Health and Safety Officer/Manager in a wastewater treatment plant or similar industrial setting.
- Minimum of 7 years of operational health and safety experience.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, identify hazards, and develop effective control measures.
- Ability to provide certified training (Confined Space, LOTO, …..)
- Strong knowledge of safety management systems, methodologies and processes (method statements, work permit, LOTO…)
- Strong knowledge and know-how in the mastering of the following hazards: toxic gases, work at height, chemicals and electricity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively convey safety information.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Croatian is highly recommended.
- Ability to train theoritically and practically on multiple safety topics (LOTO, fire, confined space, chemicals…)
- Pays de résidence
- Postuler avant