Africa - HSSE Officer m/f
- Our client is fast growing pioneer in developing data centers across Africa and a key player in the continent's digitalization, building and operating high level equipment with a maximum reliability.
In this context, we are looking for a HSSE Officer (m/f)
- Education required
- Based in our office in Dubai, Nairobi or Amsterdam, the HSSE Officer will work closely with Project Managers, technical teams and the company's management to ensure compliance of all facilities, operational or in development, with health, safety, social and environmental laws, procedures and guidelines.
As HSSE Officer for the group, you will have to:
- Analyze and consolidate the requirements of the environmental and social management plan (ESMP)
- Develop and manage the ESMP and related procedures for the group
- Write, negotiate and integrate ESG clauses into agreements with partners and service providers
- Monitor, control, update action plans
You will also put in place tools and performance indicators, develop and execute an ESG reporting system for the company's management as well as for local authorities or lenders.
You will be responsible for processing and leading HSSE inquiries for permits or authorizations, update risk mapping and mitigation measures, and ensure monitoring of the national regulations and international standards.
You will have a key role in community engagement and stakeholder relations in every environmental and social aspects.
- Experience required
- Master's degree in environment, sociology, biology or related fields
- Minimum 7 years of experience in defining and implementing HSSE action plans in Africa on projects financed by international institutions
- Proven experience in infrastructure project cycles involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience in getting certification (Green, ISO, etc)
- Fluent English; knowledge of French is an asset
- Availability to travel extensively across Africa
You have a perfect understanding of the performance standards of international funding institutions (IFI's)
You are able to recommend practical solutions based on strategic thinking, innovation, creativity and sound judgement
You can lead complex operations with multiple stakeholders, you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; you are able to work under pressure, independently and with a minimum supervision
- You wish to join an industry pioneer, you are ready to shape the future of Africa's digital economy? Feel free to contact us!
- United Arab Emirates
- Construction & Infrastructures
- Permanent contract
- Long term
- Working language
- English, French
- Job reference