The engineering and consulting branch of our Client, international leading company supporting cities and industrial facilities in making their ecological and energy transition and in adapting to the effects of climate change, is currently looking for a
Bid Manager (M/F) - International projects
Based in Brussels or Paris area
Our talents are therefore operating in the environment sector (water, waste, biodiversity, etc.), urban planning, energy and mobility sectors.
In this position, you will join the International Department (ID) of our Client. The ID has a turnover of €50M, achieved on projects in Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Most of the projects are carried out in conjunction with international donors (AFD, WB, ADB, EU, EIB, etc.), for which our teams are involved in the engineering of essential services: water, waste, roads, railways, etc., mainly in developing and emerging countries.
To accelerate our international development, we are looking for a
Bid Manager (M/F) - International Projects
Based in Brussels - Belgium or Nanterre - France
Under the responsibility of the Head of Bid Unit, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Carrying out a commercial watch on future projects
- Drafting pre-qualification files
- Under the supervision of the Sales Director, take charge of the preparation of offers and prepare the administrative parts
- Initiate partnerships
- Checking the conformity of the offer with the client's requirements,
- Identify and analyse the risks of each file and plan mitigation measures.
- Coordinate the preparation of technical and financial offers,
- Prepare tender budgets under the supervision of the Commercial Director,
- Carry out the internal formalities for the opening of the project,
- Actively participate in key meetings, lead consortia where SUEZ Consulting is the leader,
- Keeping commercial reports up to date,
- Have all documents checked, controlled and approved before sending the file to the client,
- Transmit the necessary elements for the preparation of the offer to the Finance and Legal Departments in due time,
- Reporting to his/her hierarchy throughout the project.
In addition, you will take an active part to business clubs, provide training to juniors or trainees, and ensure other transversal missions according to your interests.
We offer you the opportunity to join a team of a human scale, benefiting from the support of a leading engineering consulting group, which will enable you to plan your career over the long term.
- Fluent in English, French and a third language would be considered an asset.
- You have a higher education degree, ideally from an engineering/business school or university with a specialisation in water, waste, environment, climate change, etc.).
- You have a first professional experience (3-4 years minimum) in the preparation of bids for the main international donors (EU, EIB, AFD, WB etc. You are fully familiar with IFIs procedures and methodology for project preparation (project cycle, log frame, etc.)
- You are familiar with the specific expectations of institutional interlocutors (project owners, donors, etc.).
- Field experience in the implementation of development projects will be considered a plus.
- Relational and technical autonomy,
- Punctuality and respect for deadlines and procedures,
- Writing skills,
- Team spirit and leadership,
- Organisational skills,
- Ability to gain the trust of a client and to build loyalty,
- Analytical and synthesis skills.
- Proactivity and ability to surpass oneself.
- Negotiation skills.
Motivated by the idea of joining us and participating in our international development? Send us your CV!