Climate Change Project-communication expert
- The overall objective of the project is to support the development and implementation of
Nigerian Climate Change Response Program (NCCRP) to guarantee country’s economic
growth and development strategies while meeting its conditional 45% NDC targets by 2030.
The specific objective is to contribute to the creation of Nigeria’s GHG emission profile
with the aim of pinpointing mitigation actions reducing energy use and costs in favour of
renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions. This will be mainly achieved through the
creation of sectoral MRVs (e.g. for energy and waste sectors) and a waste baseline
- Education required
- The Key expert 4 will be a position of at least 800 working days over the 48 month contract
- Experience required
- -Demonstrate at least 12 years of relevant professional experience related to the subject matter
of the current contract, out of
which at least 5 years must be in an African country.
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should provide 3 project references in the last 8
years related to the climate change and/or environment and/or sustainable
development, facilitating contact with media in preparation of international
conferences, workshops and other relevant events at which project publications will
be presented and discussed.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and very good understanding of the international
climate negotiation process and related mechanisms.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge in using networking to facilitate the development of
public debated on topics presented in the publications, including but not limited to
facilitating television and other media appearances.
- Interested in this project? Please apply below mentioning the reference 192/642/30D/PMO in subject
- Apply before
- Long term
- Working language
- Job reference