Climate Change Project-Expert on MRV and Greenhouse gases
- The overall objective of the project is to support the development and implementation of
Nigerian Climate Change Response Program (NCCRP) to guarantee country’s economic
growth and development strategies while meeting its conditional 45% NDC targets by 2030.
The specific objective is to contribute to the creation of Nigeria’s GHG emission profile
with the aim of pinpointing mitigation actions reducing energy use and costs in favour of
renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions. This will be mainly achieved through the
creation of sectoral MRVs (e.g. for energy and waste sectors) and a waste baseline
- Education required
- The Key Expert 2 will be a position of at least 800 working days over the 48 month
- Experience required
- - Relevant GHG inventory experience with a good overview of the
UNFCCC reporting and review process and/or general IPCC inventory guidance
and/or Monitoring Mechanism Regulation (MMR)/ reporting requirements.
- Working successfully with public authorities including Ministries or regional or
local governments, with communication skills that foster cooperation and
-As a minimum, the Key Expert should demonstrate at least 12 years of professional
experience related to the subject matter of the current contract, out of which at least
5 years of experience must be in an African country.
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should provide project references in the last 8 years
related to the climate change action under the UNFCCC process to which they
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and very good understanding of the international
climate negotiation process and related mechanisms.
- Interested in this project? Please apply below mentioning the reference 192/642/30B/PMO in subject
- Apply before
- Working language
- Job reference