Climate Change Project-Expert on waste management
- The overall objective of the project is to support the development and implementation of
Nigerian Climate Change Response Program (NCCRP) to guarantee country’s economic
growth and development strategies while meeting its conditional 45% NDC targets by 2030.
The specific objective is to contribute to the creation of Nigeria’s GHG emission profile
with the aim of pinpointing mitigation actions reducing energy use and costs in favour of
renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions. This will be mainly achieved through the
creation of sectoral MRVs (e.g. for energy and waste sectors) and a waste baseline
- Education required
- The Key expert 3 will be a position of at least 800 working days over the 48 month contract
- Experience required
- As a minimum, a relevant university degree, preferably with an MSc, or equivalent,
in environmental sciences/management, Solid Waste Management (SWM),
Financial Management, engineering or related field.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English.
- Management of projects/programmes in the field of SWM, with a special focus on
low and middle income economies.
- Working successfully with public authorities including Ministries or regional or
local governments in similar assignments.
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should demonstrate at least 12 years of professional
experience related to the subject matter of the current contract, out of which at least
5 years of experience must be in an African country.
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should provide project references in the last 5 years
related to the solid waste management in the African context.
- 10 years general professional experience with emphasis on experience in public
- Experience in operating and/or monitoring of public services will be an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge and good understanding of the international climate
negotiation process and related mechanisms will be regarded as a strong advantage.
- Interested in this project? Please apply below mentioning the reference 192/642/30C/PMO in subject
- Apply before
- Long term
- Working language
- Job reference