Ethiopia - Senior Environmental & Social Manager M/F
- Our client is developing a geothermal power project in the area of Tulu Moye in Ethiopia. In a country rich of renewable sources of power generation, the majority of the electrical generation is produced by hydro power plants. There is also a huge potential in geothermal and the intention is to develop a 150 MW power plant.
In the frame of this project our client is currently looking for a
Environment and Social (E&S) Manager M/F
- Education required
- The Environmental and Social Manager (ESM) is responsible for overseeing the environmental performance of private and public sector organizations and for developing, implementing and monitoring environmental strategies that promote sustainable development and managing community compliance of the project site working closely with the project development team and Community Liaison Officers (CLOs).
A key element of his/her missions will be to coordinate and developing plans, including meeting the requirements of external stakeholders such as the Ethiopian government, EEA, EEP, project site woredas and kebeles.
Under the responsibility of the CEO, the E&S Manager will particularly be responsible for setting up and implement policies and procedures relating to Social and Environmental issues in accordance with company's Sustainable Development Strategy and E & S Management System: analyze, monitoring, negation with subcontractors, etc. He/she will also ensure the smooth running of the lenders' E&S due diligence phases as well as relations with lenders, including reporting in the frame of ESG commitments. He/she will ensure recruitment and management of a full E&S team, raising awareness of the impact of environmental and social issues. He/she will be responsible for all E&S and HSE administrative permits and authorizations.
Last, the E&S Manager will plan and budget parts of the project linked to relations with communities and will play a key role in relations with stakeholders.
- Experience required
- - BA/MA/MSc degree in Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Development, or related fields
- At least 10 years' experience in field or project related area
- Perfect understanding of the performance standards of international finance institutions, including operational guidelines. This should include experience as well as dedicated training on the subject.
- Strong Health and Safety culture
- Ability to recommend practical solutions based on strategic thinking, innovation, creativity, and sound judgement.
- Good understanding of infrastructure project cycles (ideally for transportation projects)
- Ability to lead complex operations with multiple stakeholders
- Strong Communication and persuasive skills with Credibility and Integrity
- Distinct cultural sensitivity and cultural/political awareness with good knowledge of the geographical areas affected by the project
- Ability to assess and understand people and community priorities and demonstrate high awareness of needs that are important to communities
- Willing to work with people with demonstrable ability to develop effective partnership and experience in cooperating with local communities and at all levels within the project and its external partners and stakeholders
- Competent in human relations to deal complaints and diffuse difficult situations and provide conflict management without becoming personally involved
- Warm personality with and people attitude
- Delivering tasks on time
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive
- Fluent English (spoken and written); proficiency in written and spoken Affan Oromifa language will be an advantage
- You wish to take an active part to development of high impact project in the field of new renewable energy solutions?
Feel free to send us your CV and join us !
- Apply before
- Long Term
- Long term
- Working language
- Job reference