The global objective of this assignment is to support the African Union Program on Boosting Intra-African Trade through the Action Plan for Boosting Intra African trade and the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) negotiations and implementation.
At least Master's Degree in the field of International Trade, Economics, business administration, or any other relevant field in relation to the assignment
General professional experience:
- Minimum of 12 years professional experience in the area of trade policy formulation and implementation in Africa, including at least 5 years working in advisory capacity.
- At least 5 years of experience in providing support to senior level executives as well as in handling international high level meetings and events.
- Recent experience undertaking assignments related to trade policies on the sectors, or subsubsectors under review would be an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- Must have deep knowledge on African Continental Free Trade Area and in particular AU strategy: Boosting Intra African trade and enhancing Africa's share in global trade; including a deep knowledge of African trade policies and African regional integration.
- Sound experience in African Union policy frameworks, institutions and processes relevant to the trade and industry agenda.
- Previous experience working with RECs, AUC on an advisory role will be an added advantage.
Interested in this project? Please apply below mentioning the reference 203/1471/147/PMO in subject