“Building Regional Resilience through Strengthened Meteorological, Hydrological and Climate Services in the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) member countries”
The objective is to support the Indian Ocean Commission in the preparation of the Regional Hydromet Project and elaborate the Funding Proposal for its submission to the GCF after conducting all necessary studies, including those for the Mauritius’ RAFE project.
-Hydrological /Meteorological PhD or Master Degree
- Senior profile with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the support of hydrological/meteorological services improvement,
- Shall be well versed in Global Frameworks for Climate Services and WMO standards
- Shall have been involved in National Frameworks for Climate services design and implementation
- Shall have experience in (i) hydrology in tropical context (ii) tropical cyclone and storm surge forecasting, in Indian ocean context preferably
- well versed in observing systems, climate application services, data processing and data forecasting, agricultural and aeronautical meteorology,
- well versed in Hydrological and Meteorological equipment’s diagnosis, needs identifications and installations requirements, radar solutions measures.
Interested in this project? Please send your CV by email: email@example.com, with the reference 193/858/001B/PMO in subject.