"Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Justice and sector entities to support the review and development of sector policy and practices for greater coherence in the justice reform process in Jamaica"
The global objective of this contract is to provide Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Justice and other sector entities through in-depth facilitation and consultation with key players to assess/review the progress of justice reform in the sector1, ascertain gaps and opportunities, and develop a new sector policy to guide ongoing justice reform using analytical tools which improve the management of the sector and contribute to the observance of the rule of law thus significantly improving standards of justice service for all users of the sector.
Masters’ degree in Law, Government, Governance, Public Policy Administration, Macroeconomics, Social Policy, Development or related fields or, in its absence, at least 5 years' equivalent professional experience at the strategic level in the public sector to be added to the General experience below;
• Experience in using a variety of participatory/facilitation/consultative approaches which engage high level primary stakeholders is required.
• Excellent command of English;
• Senior Management specialist with at least 12 years professional experience in the development and management of public sector policies and development
programmes particularly with regard to internal governance, accountability and transparency.
• Minimum of three (3) years professional experience working on reform agenda in a legal/justice/court environment is a requirement.
• Experience as a Team Leader providing technical assistance to national authorities in at least 3 similar assignments involving the design or management of public
sector policies for sector reform particularly related to development cooperation;
• A minimum of five (5) years' experience in the last 10 years in the management of externally funded projects and or implementation of budget support programmes
financed by the EU under the EDF is preferable.
• Local expertise and or extensive knowledge of the structure and operations of developing countries justice system which are based on British Common Law is a
Interested in this project? Please apply below mentioning the reference 193/1475/045A/PMO in subject.