Senior Transport Economist - Global Gateway Support Mechanism (GGSM)
- Global Gateway Support Mechanism (GGSM)” in Belgium
The overall objective (impact) is to facilitate that EU policy on quality infrastructure and connectivity is adequately embedded under a harmonized approach at the country and regional level, providing technical support to identify priority areas of investment with partner countries and other stakeholders. It will focus in particular on the transport sector in core topics not covered elsewhere, with an emphasis on the cross-sectoral ones.
The contract requires the mobilisation of expert(s) to carry out technical assistance missions in partner countries in the regions Neighbourhood East and South, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia (including Central Asia), Latin America, Caribbean and Pacific. The OCTs can also benefit from the action. The normal place of posting for the two Contractor’s key experts will be in Brussels. Missions’ costs of the key experts will be reimbursed from the normal place of posting (Brussels) to the mission country.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date of the contract is November 2022 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date (880 man-days/full time).
The professional background and experience of the Senior Transport Economist will be key to promote and implement the quality infrastructure and connectivity agenda in the transport sector, in particular on the economic aspects, including the support to the formulation and implementation of the different interventions.
- • Master’s degree (or equivalent diploma) in transport, engineering, transport economics or any other directly related disciplines;
• Excellent knowledge of the transport sector (and related policies and best practices)
• Knowledge of development aid delivery methods;
• Languages: C2 fluency English / C2 fluency French for the Team Leader; C2 fluency English / C1 knowledge French for the other Key Expert ; B2 knowledge Spanish or Portuguese covered by any of the Key Experts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Excellent computer skills.
General professional experience
• At least 15 years of general professional experience in the transport sector
Specific professional experience
• At least 7 years of professional experience in assisting developing countries6 in the transport sector;
• Professional experience in the different aspects related to the G20 Principles for Quality Infrastructure in the transport sector, in particular on the economic side, such as sector planning, feasibility studies, economic and financial profitability, life-cycle costs and benefits of transport infrastructure, private sector participation, etc.
As an asset:
• Professional experience in the Sub-Saharan Africa region (in situ) would be an asset
• Professional experience in providing support to governance / capacity building in the transport sector would be an asset;
• Professional experience with the EU rules and procedures would be an asset.
- Pays de résidence
- Postuler avant
- 48 months
- English, French, Spanish, Portugese