Turkey - E&S and Resettlement Manager m/f
- Our client, an international group specialized in infrastructure projects, is active in emerging and developing countries where it invests mainly in essential public services with a focus on social infrastructure, sustainable mobility and low-carbon energy solutions to improve the quality of people's lives.
In the frame of its development in Turkey, the group is looking for:
A Senior Environmental and Social Manager m/f for one of its major road infrastructure projects
Based in Istanbul - Turkey
- Reporting to the Project Company's CEO and HQ team, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing the project environmental & social governance policies and procedures, with a particular focus on Resettlement Action Plans (RAP), in compliance with international performance standards (IFC, EBRD) and national regulation.
In the frame of our road project, you will manage the E&S processes, with a focus on the social impact and resettlement workstream. As such, you will:
- Form an in-depth and detailed knowledge of the project's documents and, in particular, a good knowledge of Turkish and International standards about resettlement;
- Head and monitor the implementation of tasks and actions in your scope that have been or will be detailed in the project documents, mainly in the ESIA, the ESMP, the ESAP and the RAP, in cooperation with the client and contractors, and in alignment with each party's contractual responsibility;
- Create performance indicators and report gaps;
- Cooperate with all parties to avoid and minimize gaps;
- Coordinate with the team head, experts and clients for all matters concerning RAP requirements;
- Ensure proper functioning of the project Stakeholders Engagement Plan as well as the Grievance Mechanisms and provide recommendations;
- Ensure and maintain ESG processes and system;
- Coordinate, with the support of an expert, the QHSE plans and procedures, including identification of risks, preventive measures and communication needs;
- Ensure that E&S and H&S trainings are properly developed at all levels, by the contractors and implemented for construction and operation and according to the ESMS, and make recommendations;
- Ensure training of the Project company staff on E&S issues and processes, and coordinate, with the QHSE expert, training of the staff on H&S issues.
You will follow the shareholders and funders requirements, monitor and report on ESG and H&S activities and provide technical expertise on key issues to ESIA, sustainability risks and health and safety.
- Graduated with a MSc or equivalent in a relevant field (Sociology, Urban planning, Environment studies), you have a strong experience (12 years minimum) in implementing ESG policies in the frame of international funded projects (transport infrastructures, energy distribution, etc). You have a perfect mastery of IFC and EBRD performance standards.
Moreover, you have:
o A solid experience in ESIA, E&S Management System and E&S Management Plans and processes as part of major infrastructure projects, ideally for road projects
o Strong experience in resettlement processes and RAP implementation, ideally for linear infrastructure projects
o Very good ability to manage relations with community and other stakeholders
o Confirmed experience of managing an E&S team
o Knowledge of the life cycle of an infrastructure development project, experience in project management
o Ability to manage complex situations with rigor
You possess good people skills and leadership qualities;
You are able to integrate into a multifunctional and multicultural team, and to work independently;
You are also able to prioritize and operate under tight deadlines;
You possess both oral and written professional proficiency in Turkish and English, and you have a proven working experience in Turkey, Eastern Europe and/or Eurasia region.
- We offer you to join a challenging environment, to take part to high visibility projects which improve the quality of living, within an international group in which you will be offered a career path.
- Pays de résidence
- Domaine d'expertise
- Long term position
- Longue durée